aufs4.11(.0) is skipped
s***@users.sourceforge.net
2017-05-01 09:10:56 UTC
Hello all,

Linux-v4.11 is released, and aufs4.11 is ready too. But I won't release
it. Because of i915/drm shrinker problem in mainline.

I hope the fix (which already exists) will be merged into mainline until
4.11.1 or .2. Then I will release aufs4.11.1 or .2.

Aufs4.11 will be same as the current aufs4.x-rcN branch, there is no
change. The problem won't happen on non-i915 users, but it happens on my
test system. I simply don't release aufs which doesn't pass my local
tests.

J. R. Okajima
s***@users.sourceforge.net
2017-05-16 12:01:49 UTC
Post by s***@users.sourceforge.net
Linux-v4.11 is released, and aufs4.11 is ready too. But I won't release
it. Because of i915/drm shrinker problem in mainline.
I hope the fix (which already exists) will be merged into mainline until
4.11.1 or .2. Then I will release aufs4.11.1 or .2.
Aufs4.11 will be same as the current aufs4.x-rcN branch, there is no
change. The problem won't happen on non-i915 users, but it happens on my
test system. I simply don't release aufs which doesn't pass my local
tests.
Linux-v4.12-rc1 is released.
If there was nothing wrong, I would release aufs4.x-rcN for that
version. But the i915/drm shrinker problem still remains. The developer
already has a fix, and it will be released soon I guess.
When the problem in mainline is solved, I will release aufs4.x-rcN.

Thanx for your patience
J. R. Okajima