aufs release will be late
s***@users.sourceforge.net
2016-10-30 19:22:32 UTC
Hello all,

Almost a month passed since I releaseed aufs4 for linux-v4.8. And the
mainline keeps updating and it is v4.9-rc4 or 5 now.
Unfortunately I am busy now and I have to admit the aufs release for
v4.9 (including any -rcN versions) will be late for a month or two.

If something critical due to this late happens to you, please let me
know. I will try re-ordering my task priorities as possible.
Oh, any bug reports are always welcome. Fixing bug is always the top of
my list.

J. R. Okajima
Shraptor Shraptor

2016-11-02 19:35:24 UTC
Hello Scooby,
Post by Shraptor Shraptor
Does your current release include any kernels were dirtyc0w bug is fixed?
Would you explain what dirtyc0w bug is?

J. R. Okajima
Ben Hutchings
2016-11-04 00:25:55 UTC
Post by Shraptor Shraptor
Does your current release include any kernels were dirtyc0w bug is fixed?
Would you explain what dirtyc0w bug is?
It's a memory management bug, designated CVE-2016-5195.  The fix didn't
conflict with aufs-standalone for 3.2 or 3.16, and I would be surprised
if it conflicts with current aufs.

Shraptor, if you are using a recent aufs branch you should be able to
cherry-pick commit 19be0eaffa3ac7d8eb6784ad9bdbc7d67ed8e619 cleanly.
Alternately, apply the aufs-standalone patches on top of a stable
branch that has been fixed.

Ben.
--
Ben Hutchings
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.