nfs export as aufs branch.
Vaibhav Khanduja
2016-07-04 04:37:14 UTC
Any thoughts here?
On Mon, 6/27/16, Vaibhav Khanduja <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: nfs export as aufs branch.
To: aufs-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Monday, June 27, 2016, 1:04 PM

I am trying to merge multiple nfs
share using aufs. Each nfs mount point is one branch in
aufs.

mount -t aufs -o br:/data/first=rw:/data/second=rw none
/tmp/merged.

The above command succeeds but when I try to traverse
/tmp/merged I get Input/Output error.

ls -l /tmp/merged/

ls: reading directory '/tmp/merged/': Input/output error

Does aufs support nfs exports as branches? If yes, what
could be wrong here?

Thanks,
Vaibhav Khanduja
2016-07-06 12:46:34 UTC
Hi ,

Yes, the /data/first and /data/second are all nfs exports.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse for typos and brevity of this message.
Hi,
I was able to make aufs works with NFS.
But are you using autofs for /data/first and /data/second?
Regards.
Post by Vaibhav Khanduja
Any thoughts here?
http://sdm.link/attshape
Lionel Beard
2016-07-06 12:52:55 UTC
Ok, I've just remembered something, you need to have root access to your
NFS shares to have aufs working (it needs to create some files).
Are you able to create some files into /data/first and /data/second from
root account?
Post by Vaibhav Khanduja
Hi ,
Yes, the /data/first and /data/second are all nfs exports.
Thx
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse for typos and brevity of this message.
Hi,
I was able to make aufs works with NFS.
But are you using autofs for /data/first and /data/second?
Regards.
Post by Vaibhav Khanduja
Any thoughts here?
http://sdm.link/attshape
s***@users.sourceforge.net
2016-07-06 13:26:30 UTC
All these three mails (except last one) were not delivered to me.
Additionally the date of the first mail from Vaibhav Khanduja is
6/27/16, but Lionel Beard quoted it as 2016-07-04.
Does it mean the mail delivery on SourceForge ML server is very slow?
I don't know what is going on the ML server...

Anyway, Vaibhav,
Yes, aufs supports NFS branch, and it is working on my test
environment. I need these info.

(from aufs README file)
When you have any problems or strange behaviour in aufs, please let me
know with:
- /proc/mounts (instead of the output of mount(8))
- /sys/module/aufs/*
- /sys/fs/aufs/* (if you have them)
- /debug/aufs/* (if you have them)
- linux kernel version
if your kernel is not plain, for example modified by distributor,
the url where i can download its source is necessary too.
- aufs version which was printed at loading the module or booting the
system, instead of the date you downloaded.
- configuration (define/undefine CONFIG_AUFS_xxx)
- kernel configuration or /proc/config.gz (if you have it)
- behaviour which you think to be incorrect
- actual operation, reproducible one is better

Date: Monday, June 27, 2016, 1:04 PM
I am trying to merge multiple nfs
share using aufs. Each nfs mount point is one branch in
aufs.
mount -t aufs -o br:/data/first=rw:/data/second=rw none
/tmp/merged.
The above command succeeds but when I try to traverse
/tmp/merged I get Input/Output error.
ls -l /tmp/merged/
ls: reading directory '/tmp/merged/': Input/output error
Does aufs support nfs exports as branches? If yes, what
could be wrong here?
Thanks,
http://sdm.link/attshape
--001a1130d032872e1a0536f70d9f
Ok, I've just remembered something, you need to have root access to your NFS
shares to have aufs working (it needs to create some files).
Are you able to create some files into /data/first and /data/second from
root account?
Hi ,
Yes, the /data/first and /data/second are all nfs exports.
Thx
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse for typos and brevity of this message.
Hi,
I was able to make aufs works with NFS.
But are you using autofs for /data/first and /data/second?
Regards.
Any thoughts here?
?? Date: Monday, June 27, 2016, 1:04 PM
[6]http://sdm.link/attshape